Download BacFITBase data
This file contains all Bacterial Fitness In infecTion dataBase entries, as described in the About section.
BacFITBase version 1 (2019-10)
bacfitbase_v1.zip (12 MB, contains a 61.4 MB tab-separated text file)
This table contains more than 92,000 entries, each corresponding to a bacterial gene whose fitness score was determined during infection of a host organism.
Each row includes:
- A semi-stable unique internal identifier (or "BACID") ,
- Pathogen name ,
- Pathogen NCIB taxon ID ,
- Host name ,
- Host NCBI taxon ID ,
- Tissue infected ,
- Tissue BRENDA Ontology term ,
- GenBank Locus Tag ,
- GenBank Protein ID ,
- UniProt accession (where available) ,
- Gene symbol (where available) ,
- Genomic insertion site on the main chromosome of the pathogenic bacterium (where available) ,
- Time post infection ,
- Description of the gene product (protein) ,
- A raw fitness score ,
- A normalized fitness z-score ,
- A p-value ,
- PubMed ID of the original study ,
- Protein sequence .
For information on how the raw fitness score, normalized fitness z-score, and p-value were obtained, please see the About tab.
- bacfitbase_v1_source_data.zip (15 MB, contains 27 tab-separated and Excel files)
This archive contains the unprocessed source data for all 15 studies currently included in BacFITBase. Tab-separated text files are available for all 15 studies. Additionally, Excel tables are available for 12 of these 15 studies. You may want to download these source files for a more in-depth look at individual studies. A list of PubMed identifiers pointing to the individual source articles is also provided.
Our own work is licenced under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Licence . Please also see the CRG's legal notice.